Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One Year of Letters: DONE!


“I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:13
God is there in the start and finish of all created things; He is no doubt in the middle as well. The Lord gave me the idea and the drive to set out on a one year journey to hand write one letter of encouragement to a different person each day for a year; in addition to the card, I included a stamp for them to mail out a letter to someone else as well (to multiply the efforts). God directed my path to a singular name each day and a verse from the book of Truth to speak TRUTH in to the heart of the reader. I was afraid of not knowing enough people to fill the days but He opened my eyes to truly see those around me. They were there the whole time and until this project, I did not tally their names as souls that might need a breath of LIFE in the form of a letter. God opened up my ears to hear the concerns of this world weighing on the shoulders of those people around me and inspired me to want to help. God gave me a voice without me even speaking; He helped craft the written words on the cards to form a cheer, a rallying behind the person needing a reminder they are loved and doing a great job. We are not perfect but God does not expect perfection. He expects worship, surrender and above all, our trust.

My heart is full as I reflect on the year… did that really happen? I am humbled to have been a part of something so tiny and behind the scenes that seemed to burst in to the lives of people with a power that can only come from God! He was at the beginning of this project. He is here at the end. May His glory continue in the lives of all 365 people who have received a letter this year  …and hopefully in another 365 people from the included stamp that multiplied the efforts. Oh yeah… now is the time to CELEBRATE all that GOD has done!!


Celebration news to come… look for it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I'm glad I got to be one of the recipients. I've really been enjoying your blog. I don't always leave a comment, but know that your words are powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luann, that means a lot coming from you! Thank you! P.S. I don't always leave a comment on yours but I do "follow" it. Tons of fun to read!! (And helps me keep up with your adoption news)

      Delete