Saturday, April 19, 2014

Will I Ever Be Good Enough?

Maybe if I am nice to everyone.

Maybe if I volunteer my time and I do lots of “good” things.

Maybe if I give money to charities or non-profit organizations.

Maybe if I go to school and get a bunch of degrees to improve myself.

Maybe if I am better than the person sitting next to me.

Then, I will be good enough.
good enough to receive God’s love.
good enough to receive God’s love AND get in to heaven.
--------------------------------------------------------

Jesus was hanging on the cross in between two other accused men.

One man raged and snarled insults at the crowd and at Jesus.

The other man declared Jesus as Lord, just as He had said He was. Then the guilty criminal made a final, simple request, “Jesus, remember me when you enter your kingdom.”

 Jesus replied, “Don’t worry, I will. Today you will join me in paradise.”

And then Jesus died, keeping His promises.
--------------------------------------------------------

Could it be that easy? Just surrender my heart to God and that will be enough? Yes. Jesus did all of the work for us; all we have to do is believe and receive it in our hearts.

Happy Easter

May we find ourselves “good enough” not by anything we can do but by the power of THIS day and all that we celebrate because of what Jesus has done for us!


“Then Jesus helped the followers understand these Scriptures about him. Jesus said to them, “It is written that the Messiah would be killed and rise from death on the third day. You saw these things happen—you are witnesses. You must go and tell people that they must change and turn to God, which will bring them his forgiveness. You must start from Jerusalem and tell this message in my name to the people of all nations.
Luke 24:44-48

Image Source: Google Images http://ubdavid.org/kidsworld/storytime1/storytime1_1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment