Thursday, April 10, 2014

In a Hectic Life, There Are Simple Joys

With five children, I am a HUGE advocate for shopping at Aldi. They have everything you need, it’s cheap and it’s a small enough store you can zip in & out quickly. However, today I needed something specifically from the grocery store 2 blocks from my house. Besides the few items, here is what else I walked away with:

1. I love that the man behind the deli counter knows my exact order even before I order it (yes, I get the same thing every single week; we refuse to live without their homemade salsa everyday & guacamole on the weekends!).
2. I love that the item on the top of my list of things to buy was on sale! Yeah!
3. I love that the lady checking out in front of me was able to come in to shop for ONE item and actually leave with only ONE item. Wow. Impressive!
4. I love that the cashier always asks me how my children are doing.
5. I love that it is a place where I always bump in to other families with kids that go to the same schools as my kids.  

Life is complicated. Life is messy. Life is really busy. But maybe not everything needs to be so difficult. Celebrating one simple joy of today: a pleasant, family owned/run store so close to our house! 

A question for you: what is a simple joy in the middle of your own hectic life? I would love to hear about it!
(Put a comment on Facebook OR sign in to your Google account, then leave a note here on my blog)

Image source: Google images http://homeandpantry.blogspot.com/2010/10/always-check-your-grocery-receipt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment