Thursday, May 8, 2014

What to do when you are crabby for no reason

I am crabby today.

Everything unfolding around me this morning is annoying me. Man, my legs are sore. Why can’t she just wake up being nice? How did the mess get so big when he has only been awake for 20 minutes? Did that child really just dump an entire bag of pretzels on the floor that I just bought yesterday? Does anyone care about me at all?

On the inside I am screaming and swearing. I want to run away from the overwhelming demands of life and live on a remote island, alone. Or at the very least, I want to crawl back in to bed and start the day over again in a few hours, differently. I envy the dog just laying there in peace, without a care in the world. Life feels so complicated and I don’t always feel equipped to handle the daily challenges. Wallowing in self pity, feeling wronged and mistreated, I wonder how am I ever suppose to get some perspective?




“Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord.  Always give thanks

to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
 Ephesians 5:19b-20

Man, my legs are sore. I am grateful for being able to exercise and have the flexibility in my day to do this.

Why can’t she just wake up being nice? I am grateful that I am privileged enough to be at home every morning  with my children through any mood or circumstance.

How did this mess get so big when he has only been up for 20 minutes? I am grateful for this beautiful home the Lord gave to us over 2 years ago. The extra space has been such a gift!

Did that child really dump an entire bag  of pretzels on the floor that I just bought yesterday? I am grateful we have enough resources to feed our family every single day; I know this is not the case for everyone in my community and around the world. I am grateful for all the amazing ways that the Lord provides.

Does anyone care about me at all? I am grateful that God is always with me; I am never alone and His love is endless! God is always on my side and has great plans for me. God has given me an incredible (and sexy) husband and a wonderful family that I do not deserve. I am so blessed!


Prayer: Lord, when I am crabby and wallowing for no reason at all, please help me to see all of the blessings You have given to me. Help me to open my eyes to recognize how blessed I truly am. My heart’s desire is to live my life serving You and those around me… and I can’t do that when I am looking inward, not outward. Forgive me for my bad attitude and make me new, today!

Image source: Google Images http://sneachtapix.deviantart.com/art/My-View-Of-The-World-317870423

1 comment:

  1. Its funny how I am not crabby anymore after this time of thanksgiving! Amen!

    ReplyDelete