Friday, May 16, 2014

Need Help? I Dare You to Ask For It

It was another rough morning as an adoptive mom. Literally upon the door closing behind my youngest 3 children walking out the door to go to school, I burst in to tears. Desperate for a message of hope, I sat at the computer and pulled up Bible Gateway (they have awesome devotionals!).  I clicked on and read the  “Women’s Devotional” which ended with “...Whatever your task today, dare to ask the wild, holy, Sovereign God of Ezekiel to reveal his majesty to encourage and strengthen you.”

OK. Exactly what I needed to do and who I need to find my strength from. I turned on some worship music. Crying. Pity party. Blah blah. “God help me to know I am not alone in this.”

Enough! Disgusted with the mess I was becoming, I got up and went to clean myself up: brushing my hair, washing my face and pulling it together. I came back to the computer to find a Facebook message from an uncle I don’t see or hear from very often. He shared a link for an Ethiopian Adopted Family Camp… and he mentioned he was proud of what we were doing.

Message received, loud and clear (and mind blowing!).

I am not alone; neither are you. God does provide strength and encouragement just when we need it. God does strengthen  us when we ask. Period.


Don’t believe me? Have the courage to ask God for whatever it is you need TODAY. 
Be specific, really specific. Don’t hesitate or do it half hearted. Be honest & lay it all out there. Then, prepare to be amazed at how the wild, holy & Sovereign God WILL answer your cry.

I dare you!


Image Source: Google Images https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13561164-dare-you-to

No comments:

Post a Comment