Monday, November 18, 2013

Things no one ever told me...

No one ever told me…

  • ©      Gray hairs grow in standing straight up!
  • ©      I would love sledding just as much as an adult as I did when I was a kid! Whee!
  • ©      I would be swept off my feet by the preschoolers I taught for 12+ years at church. (I thought I was just supposed to be filling a spot on the schedule; boy was that wrong.)
  • ©      I would walk out of the hospital with my first baby STILL looking pregnant.
  • ©      I would not be able to jump rope without a diaper on after giving birth to a total of 6 children.
  • ©      I would learn first-hand that attachment disorders are very common with adopted children.
  • ©      I would not mind unintentionally accessorizing with dog hair on all of my clothes because it’s worth having my beloved pup around.
  • ©      I would “buy in” to a football program so much so that I even watch “film” sometimes just to educate myself about the game (and spend more time with my hubby!).
  • ©      I would cherish my children more and more with every new day I am their mama. They are a gift beyond measure.
  • ©      I would know a deeper love than I can ever explain with my husband, not just because of good times but even more so through all of the tough bumps in the road of life together as a union of “one”.
  • ©      I would live out an adventure every single day just by surrendering my life to God and all of His crazy ways of changing the world around me. And oh, I am so glad I did!


But why would they? They would have ruined the surprise… and so many more to come!


Prayer: Lord, thank you so much for the joy of every unique possibility that comes with the dawning of a new day. I am so grateful for the amazing people I get to share life with. I take great comfort and peace from the fact that no matter how difficult life gets at times, YOU are always with me. I can’t wait to see all that you still have in store for our journey together; may it bring glory to Your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment