Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Embrace the day

I walk up the stairs to awaken my two youngest children for school. My son is already up, coming out of the bedroom. He gazes at me with dark brown eyes welled up with joy and peace. The broad smile on his face is a doorway of freedom to love, to laugh and to relish life. He stretches out his arms as wide as they can reach, expectant and ready to grab hold of any adventure. With a running start, he jumps up into my arms and squeezes my neck. In his gentle squeak he says, “Good morning Mommy!”

May we all start our day in the same innocence of my six year old little boy. Just as he does, may we whole heartedly believe ANYTHING is possible. With fully out-stretched arms may we embrace all that God has in store for us… TODAY!


“With man this is impossible
but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment