Monday, October 27, 2014

Do You Have It?


Do you have it? Have you found it? You know what I’m talking about. That thing. That thing that God put on your heart to do, to be that makes you come alive. It is there and has been for so long. Some of you already know what it is. Singing. Preaching. Dancing. Coaching. You have found it and can call it what it is. It is tangible. You have a label for it and can declare it to all the world.  

However, some of us are still looking for a word to call it. A classification in human and cultural terms that makes sense to people. Along with a definition, some of us are still scouting the world for a playing field where we can express it, put terms and rules to it and discover exactly what a “win” with it looks like. For those of you on the same exploration track as me, let me give you some good news. I saw the exact word in the dictionary the other day we need; I didn't know this word was even in there. I was so relieved to have found this. I was thrilled to know I am not alone. It is only a temporary tag but will hold us for as long as we need. Ready? Here's the word: whatchamacallitIt is no longer nameless. This label is good until further discoveries, studies and research proves otherwise.

Whatchamacallit is a term free for all who need it, for as long as you need it. 
So, keep dreaming. Keep searching.

There is joy in the journey.   

No comments:

Post a Comment