Monday, October 20, 2014

Wake Up -- Monday Morning


I saw this sign in a store window in downtown Geneva. I took a picture of it to send to a blogger I follow who is always sending out pep talks about being “AWESOME” (John Acuff).  He is a fellow dreamer. Normally, I want to share in the ideas he talks about and get caught up in the thoughts to truly becoming awesome. But it’s Monday morning and I’m tired. I don’t want to get out of bed, nor do I want to accomplish anything big today. Rolling over and pulling the blankets up over my head sounds better.


But then I took a closer look at the photo. In the process of taking the photo, the store window allowed a reflection of me to become a part of the photo. Can you see it? (Top left hand side of the photo). It's subtle but do you notice the difference? It isn't just a sign for the guy who is a professional speaker/writer who get’s paid to cheer other people on. It’s a “sign” for me too. Today I have the choice to wipe away the crust from my eyes, kick the covers off and get the day started… not just for ordinary things but for something awesome.


Alright. Let’s go be awesome! Who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment