Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Notice

Does anyone else keep singing the fun song that Olaf (the adorable snowman) sang in Frozen about summer?  [click here to refresh your memory on the song] We were all so sure winter would never end and we dreamed of the hot days, basking in the summer sun. We were frozen for so many months that even people born and raised in Chicago began to question what in the world was happening!

So, here it is. Summer has arrived. What will you be doing? I hope that you will take the time to find the simple joys that you once did as a child during these summer months. Lying in the grass deciphering what shapes were being made in the fluffy white clouds. Pretending that your bicycle was a horse that led you on wild, off road adventures. Imagining racing down a moutain-side on a small wooden go-cart. Eating freezy pops until your tongue turned blue or red or orange. Whatever stirs in your heart, reach out to it this summer and find those uncomplicated (often unplanned), simple pleasures. A smell. A taste. A trip down memory lane.

Happy summer!


Please note: In case you haven’t noticed, I will be taking some time off from my blog this summer. I am working for an intense 5 weeks for a summer school program starting Monday, June 23. Any time I have when I am not at work (before and during the program), I want to spend with my kids and husband. I will check back in again with you when the summer is over. Blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment