Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Am an Expectant Mother


Having been pregnant six times, I am more than fully aware of the true gift these generous businesses and offices offer as they label their best parking spots for the “expectant” mothers. Nonetheless, the term does not end with the physical birth of a child, it is really only the beginning.

I am an expectant mother.

I expect my children to eat their vegetables and do chores around the house. I expect my children to do as they are told and go to bed at a certain time. I expect they will use the sidewalks and be polite to adults. And on and on. Let’s face it though, those are the basics. Digger deeper, I expect my children to work hard and offer their best at whatever they do. I expect my children will someday realize how to serve others and find ways to contribute to society in a positive way. I expect my children may fail from time to time but come out of those experiences stronger and changed for the better.

However, in all of the things I expect out of life for my children, there are expectations that I put most of my trust in. I expect God to walk with them every step of the way. He is the One who created them and knew them before they were ever placed in my arms. I expect that He will help them discover all of the amazing details He put in them as He fastened them together in the womb. I expect He will teach them to hear His voice, follow His lead and feel His love. I expect my children will dream up things they want to do with their lives; as they go after those dreams, I expect they will discover the God who placed those passions and desires in their hearts. I expect God has even greater understanding, greater plans and a greater love for my children than even I could imagine. My expectant mother's heart is so grateful.


I am an expectant mother.  

May Your unfailing love be with us, Lord
as we put our hope in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment