Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Want to Feel the Magic?

In a room full of squealing peers, I pull open the brown paper bag. We made it to the best part of the day: lunch. I reach in expecting to find the same old peanut butter and jelly sandwich and plain potato chips. Like long lost friends they are there. But I feel a scratch on the side of my hand to find something new, something not penciled in to the daily routine. I pull it out and discover the unforeseen treasure within my tiny hands. It is a note to say someone is thinking about me, signed with a pink heart just above the words “love, Mom”.  I immediate bask in the imaginary spotlight shining down on me as if I am the only person in the room. I feel special. I feel set apart. I feel loved.

The power of a hand written note can change...
doubting in to confidence, 
ordinary in to magical,
lonely in to loved. 
It is the small effort of one person to acknowledge love and belief in another person as if to say, “Yes, you are worth so much to me and I want you to know it.”


Would you consider sending a note to someone today? Scratch paper or stationary… just write it. Fold it up and give it, mail it or drop it off to a loved one. The power rests within your hands and a pen. Go for it… And watch the magic take shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment