Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Light hearted & pun-ny

My son asks me if I will be riding bikes with them to school today. I growl to myself feeling like I have no choice. I scratch my head and ask myself, “What is wrong with me?” Is it that I don’t want to take the time and care to see my children off to school today? No. I am very blessed to be able to stay at home and am available to be there for daily morsels of time with my children. It is a gift.

But the part that is somewhat askew deep within my psyche is that I am really looking forward to cleaning my bathrooms and I do not want to be delayed. After a 3 day weekend with all 5 kids and my husband home, the bathrooms are in desperate need of a cleaning. I can’t wait to spray down all 3 bathrooms, go to battle against the grime and filth layered on every surface in the rooms. I am anxious to grab my weapons to wrestle with the finger prints and mud knowing I will come out victoriously smelling like Clorox bleach!

Whether staying at home or working, every mom must face the task of housework. We each have the jobs we love and we each have the jobs we just suffer through. Some of my dearest friends find cooking to be a pleasure. They love to try new recipes and even enjoy the hunt for the precise ingredients. Me, on the other hand, cook as fast as I can to be done with it… but I don’t mind laundry & think folding clothes can be relaxing at times. Obviously cleaning is one of my favorite tasks, only below organizing. Yes, I find deep joy and satisfaction when putting order to chaos within my cabinets and closets!

The way we develop our taste or preferences to things makes me think about every time I go to the ice cream shop.  I am astounded at some of the flavors I would never consider eating, ever: black cherry, rainbow sherbet, coffee. But In the end, I think housework is a lot like ice cream. We each know exactly what we love and what we don’t love. I guess it’s fair to say, “to each his “cone”"!


Prayer: May someone “get it” and even find some humor in my play on words at the end of this blog entry. I pray I am not the only one who loves a play on words… and giggled the rest of the day about it. Thank you Lord that we don’t always have to be serious when we pray and that You love sharing in every part of our lives, even housework.

1 comment:

  1. No,I won't quit my day job and plan a comedy tour. Hee hee! I guess I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete