Thursday, May 16, 2013

Soaring


I peek out the window and watch my 6 year old son in the driveway. His energy is focused on a task. He rips the back of the seat off from his big wheel and chucks it as far away as he can send it. He pulls down the goggles he has strapped to his head to cover his eyes in preparation. He leans back with his front foot on the big wheel and propels himself forward with his back leg shoving off of the driveway. He soars across the blacktop. In all his glory he instinctively lets out an undeniable noise of delight from the inner most part of his being to all the world. He has found joy in the journey from one side of the property to the other… and in life.

My guess is most people would say adults are braver than children. But as I observed my son soaring across the driveway this morning, I find that I disagree.  This beautiful image of my son is the same every day. He is always seeking out and believing that anything is possible… at all times. He is tenacious in everything he does and just keeps seeking out the “soar” moments through trial and error. His forehead has been scared, knees have been scraped and crash landings are an everyday occurrence from failed attempts. But he persistently gets up again and again with a childlike faith that the impossible does not exist.

My goal and prayer is that as people receive these “Heart to HEARTEN” letters they would walk away with that same feeling I see in my son of a “child like“ courage to see possibilities where they did not see possibilities before. They would hunger for and find a renewed strength to tackle the challenge(s) they face each day.  They would accept themselves just as they are regardless of their failed attempts and be able to pick up and try again and again. My prayer is they would find their “soar” moments through Christ every day!

The ultimate letter of encouragement was already written for us, each one of us. God hand wrote a letter specifically for us because He knew we would need a pep talk. In God’s unending love for us He filled the Bible with words of encouragement, stories of His faithfulness and a promise to walk with us no matter what! The impact is immeasurable. I am compelled to take action from the change God’s “word” has done in my life.

Prayer: May we take hold of, live out and remind each other of the TRUTH declared in scripture: “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27

No comments:

Post a Comment