Monday, May 13, 2013

Puzzle Pieces


My husband is a problem solver; he loves word games and things that challenge his mind. I may never understand it but he even finds joy and amusement in things like puzzles, even ones with 1000+ pieces! I have watched him put together many puzzles over the years (yes, it is more fun for me to watch him than to actually participating in putting the puzzle together). He picks up each piece, handles it with delicate care, twisting and turning it to see all of the possibilities within this one piece. He has the patience to wait for a bigger picture to evolve out of little uneven, misshaped pieces. He doesn't give up on a piece just because he doesn't see the immediate purpose for it; he trusts that he will eventually have a very specific spot that only that one puzzle piece could fill. And when the puzzle is complete, the solitary thing that remains is the satisfaction of a job well done through a completed picture.

I am one of those puzzle pieces in God’s greater design. Just as my husband’s example reminds me, God has delicate ways of caring for me and my misshaped and unrefined life, jagged corners from failures and mess-ups included. God has a way of twisting and turning me around so that I can better understand that I am valuable to Him. He sees all of the possibilities there are within me and the way I am designed, even if I don’t. He guides me and shows me with unending patience that I do in fact have a very specific place to fit in to, one that only I can fill. Whether I ever see the completed picture does not matter, for through faith I can trust that He does!

Prayer: God, I recognize my need for You every day of my life. Please mold me and shape me to be the perfect fit for the things that you have designed me to do. Build in me a faith that deepens my trust in You.  No matter how small or big the task, may whatever I do bring glory and honor to Your greater picture!   

No comments:

Post a Comment