Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Moment Every Mother Dreams About


Chopping tomatoes.

Slicing cucumbers.

Cutting up celery.

Peeling potatoes.

Whipping ingredients with the hand mixer.

In one accord with the radio they each sing along, “…He is Lord, Lord of all.”

The hour of time every mother dreams about. The pinnacle moment of my prayers and hopes for our family all answered in the clatter of the kitchen with my kids. All of the squabbling and teasing fades and the chorus of my children rings out love. They are working together, helping and serving one another; each one of them has something to contribute. They are unaware of the celebration spilling out joy as they pitch in. They are not at odds but working towards a common goal. Hard at work and singing praise songs about the Lord of all, the Lord of our family.

All 5 of my children helped me prepare the items we were in charge of bringing for the Thanksgiving celebration. I did not demand it, nor could I have created the beautiful aroma of our family today. It was a divine blessing in an unexpected hour. 
Today, my cup runneth over with thanksgiving and gratitude.


 My prayer for you: May your heart overflow with grace and appreciation as you see God display His handy work in your life as well. Countless blessings to you and your crew this Thanksgiving! Amen.  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds perfectly wonderful. I'm so happy for you. We received your Christmas card today...beautiful! Thank you and hope you have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfectly wonderful for one hour of the day... I will take it! And do my best to focus on that and not the "imperfect" hours. Blessings to you and your family too Luann!! Love reading your blog and following your family on this journey.

      Delete
  2. Have never blogged but love yur post. I see this still as my 5 get older as well. Adults who still follow traditions u started as they were children. The joy is unspeakable.

    ReplyDelete