Friday, October 25, 2013

"Have you written about me yet?"

“Have you written anything about me yet?”

With sincerity and curiosity, my older 2 daughters asked me about my latest writing projects and postings. They have heard stories I have written about the 3 younger siblings (separately), but not them yet. They want to know what I think of them, what I might share with others about what they are up to.

The questions are not posed out of jealousy or even self-centeredness but from a secret place within, tucked away and held on to deep within each one of my little girls’ hearts. It is camaraderie as human beings that we share a longing within us to these ever present questions:

“What do you think of me?

Do you really love me?”

I understand why they want to know. I appreciate their courage to even ask. And as their mom, I long to answer them. Am I to brag about their accomplishments and undertakings to reveal how much I love them and how proud I am of them? I could post their hard earned grades on Facebook or carry around copies of their artwork or most recent school projects. I could boast about the team records from the sports they play. Is that why I love them: because of what they do?

 A resounding “NO.”

God is the greatest example of the purest love. Even before He formed us, He loved us.  His love is not earned or something we have to work for; He gives it freely as our Heavenly Father and Creator. It is not our accomplishments or what we “do” that captivates His attention. He knows every facet of our being and loves us. Plain and simple.

My desire as a mom is to be an expression of that same love to all of my children. I have loved them since the very first moment I held them. I love them because of who they are, not because of what they do.  My oldest daughter has such a fun and creative spirit she brings to every situation; it is her essence, who she is. My second daughter has the most tender and loving soul; her whole being exudes snuggles and warmth. They are each uniquely made and reflect different aspects of our Savior. 
[I love you Paris and Noelle. I am honored to be your mom!]


Prayer: Lord, please pour Your love over Paris and Noelle today. Help me to always effectively share my love for them. But more than anything else, may they always be secure in Your love. May You be the answers to all of their questions. May You be what brings peace over every doubt and difficulty in their lives. I pray they always see what You see when they look in the mirror: something beautifully and wonderfully made! Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment