Saturday, April 11, 2015

Forever Marked


I remember wanting to write it down. Reaching, digging through the desk, scraping around for a pencil. Not finding one, I reluctantly settled my hands upon a pen. I paused. With closer examination I frantically threw it back in the wasteland of writing utensils in the drawer. No, that just won’t do. I needed to write it down with permanent ink. I didn't want to forget; I wanted it forever marked somewhere to remind me of what I had seen, done, experienced. I didn't want to have this day go by and not remember.

Today is April 11th and they are seven years old now. There were three heartbeats, three precious children formed and brought to life. I was a surrogate and an eye witness to something indescribable. I no longer think I need a permanent marker. No one ever forgets a miracle!

Happy Birthday to the triplets!

My Prayer: Lord, today is an anniversary of just one of so many “impossible” things you have done. With every breathe I have been given I will praise You, Lord. My heart beats with continuous gratitude and awe! 

Image source taken from Google Images://loriromano.com/2012/01/07/excavation-2012-day-7-confessions-of-a-pen-whore/

No comments:

Post a Comment