Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Jenn!

Top 5 reasons sharing a birthday with my twin is awesome!

5. At least one person will always remember my birthday: no matter who else knows or does NOT know it’s my birthday, my twin always remembers! We have been able to celebrate all but 2 birthdays together; those 2 were both when I was out of the country and were still acknowledged from across the miles.

4. Double layer birthday cakes: We don’t have to mess with those flat little “girly-man” cakes like single-births do… we get twice the fun with a double layer chocolate cake: one layer for her and one layer for me. (Or I guess we could share with others too, maybe.)

3. Twice the size crowd for the birthday party: “Hey sis, you invite your friends and I will invite my friends and we will have a huge crew to celebrate with us.” (Or I guess in our case, “You go have 5 kids and I will have 5 kids and we will have a circus to help us celebrate our day!” --I love it!)

2. Twofold on the gifts: Twice as many gifts… oh yeah! OK, that’s not really true. It’s probably the opposite. But what is a twofold gift is that she is not only my twin sister but my best friend as well. That is a double blessing better than any “thing” wrapped in paper.

1. Just as God intended: Having an identical twin was a part of God’s plan for us. Our lives were an amazing miracle from the moment of conception (with identical twins it is one egg that splits in half! A miracle!). We share this day of celebration of life because it was part of God’s intention for us. I love knowing the details of that plan! Yeah!


Happy Birthday Jenn! You are amazing & I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment