Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Feedback About this Project

I am about a month and a half in to this letter writing project, a mere drop in the bucket to a full year. But it has to start somewhere, right? In taking a short time to reflect over the past few weeks, someone recently asked me what kind of feedback I was getting. On that particular day, I had very little to report on. I have heard just a couple people respond back to me face to face and say they had received my letter and even used the included stamp to mail a letter to someone else. This kind of feedback, although scarce, is like a brightly colored flower bloom in a field of grass: exactly what draws my full attention and brings overwhelming joy!

The very next day after my friend asked me about some feedback, I received an email with a link to a blog entry by a college friend who chose to write about my letter writing project. This is a friend that has been an accomplished writer for quite some time and whose opinion I deeply respect. I had mailed her a letter the week previous and as a result of receiving the hand written letter, she felt prompted to write about 4 reasons why she loved the project. I was blown away to say the least. Did she just cheer me on? What did I do to deserve such kindness and love from someone who is busy with her own household of 5 kids and deadlines and… so on.  What a blessing!

Truthfully I love to hear feedback and about how people are being impacted through this project, but I am also really at peace with not getting much feedback; either way, I know God is at work. I feel a new sense of joy as I script these letters each day. I know God has a plan for each person I write to and it is my intention to encourage people in what God is already doing in their lives. But on the days that I wonder if these letters are actually arriving to the purposed destination, when I am curious if the words are received with the sense of the deep love I feel for them as I write,  in the moments I question if the included scripture is the exact verse their heart was longing for on that day… I am challenged to trust God in a new way. It is God and God alone that can meet our needs and make us whole each day. He always provides exactly what we need… even in the form of a pep talk through a hand written letter.


Prayer: Lord, may these letters be an instrument to show Your love for us and Your desire to keep cheering us on on this journey called life. Let the words I write in these letters be a blessing to those receiving them and bring glory to You and You alone!

For those interested, the link to my friend's blog post about my letter writing project is: http://www.findingmypulse.com/2013/06/07/be-a-neighbor-write/

No comments:

Post a Comment